Disclaimer

This blog is intended for educational purposes only. None of these posts are meant to give legal or financial advice. If you need advice you should consult an appropriate professional.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Keeping up appearances

I'd rather actually be wealthy than look wealthy.  I really don't understand the whole keeping up with the Jones mindset.  I see so many nice houses and cars around these days.  Where is all this money coming from?  My guess would be that it's all a big fake show.  If you were able to see behind the scenes of the flashy people it might be kind of ugly.  I have no desire to impress anyone with my material possessions.  What's the point?  There isn't one.  Why not have a fat investment account and appear like a regular person instead.  Call it being in stealth mode if you want.  The whole looking down your nose at someone is silly.  We're all on our way to the grave.  We all struggle with the same stuff.  Even if I had a lot of money I wouldn't show it off.  I would get more satisfaction knowing that I didn't have to work for a living.  I look at all these trinkets as just a big hassle and a lot of expense too, and where's that money coming from that is paying for them?  Most likely it's coming from waking up to an alarm clock everyday and reporting to a boss.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  After all that's how most of us have to survive in our society.  But why not build investments instead to at least give yourself more options and freedom.  So there will be no flashiness here.  Now why most people would rather give an appearance of wealth than have actual wealth I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment