Disclaimer

This blog is intended for educational purposes only. None of these posts are meant to give legal or financial advice. If you need advice you should consult an appropriate professional.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I don't like driving

Well I'll tell you we live in a car culture.  I didn't choose this, and I surely don't like it.  I would really like to not have a car.  I could do that, but it would be very difficult to survive by walking and taking the bus.  What to do?  Minimizing driving is a good start.  As far as I see it even if cars weren't a money pit, which they are, I just don't like driving.  It's stressful!  And there are some crazies on them there roads.  There's nothing routine about it.  Each day is a different scenario even if you're only going a mile down the road.  Not to mention all the ambulance chasing lawyers we have that are chomping at the bit to cash in when someone gets in an accident.  I really wish our whole civilization wasn't built around the automobile, but it is.  I would like to live in a dense area where you don't need a car.  The trouble is those cities are cold and expensive.  I've thought about selling my car and huffing it, but I would be severely limited with what I could do.  I do try to drive as little as possible.  Sometimes it's a choice of spending 30 minutes in the car as apposed to 2 hours on the bus.  I don't like having my days eaten up by bus time.  I guess what annoys me the most is I was born into a car dominated world.  We really have limited choices in this way.  Either drive or be a shut in.  I am fortunate to have a dependable paid off older car.  It could always be worse.  I hope in the near future we as a world can break this addiction we have to the car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment